Egg Production Way Down From A Week Ago Plz Help

Quote:
Yes, you don't have to toss any eggs after treatment. If you are butchering, there is no meat withdrawal time, either. I love this stuff. It's very pricey and hard to find in small quantities.

Quote:
Yes, you don't have to toss any eggs after treatment. If you are butchering, there is no meat withdrawal time, either. I love this stuff. It's very pricey and hard to find in small quantities.

I've been following a worming thread on the BYCF disease section, and learning a whole lot. Eprimex will kill all the worms, all types of worms, but it's not recommended as the first wormer because if there's a lot of worms inside the chicken the dead worms will choke the bird's gut and kill the chicken with overload.
If you use Wazine as the first wormer, it kills the roundworms, which are the most common type of chicken worm. With those out of the system, you follow up 10-14 days later with Eprimex to get rid of everything else, and then another follow up dose of Eprimex 10-14 days after that. Wazine goes in their water, Eprimex is applied to the back of their necks underneath the feathers.

If your chickens are so heavily infected with worms that they're stopping laying, then you probably should use the Wazine first. I got it at my local feed mill. Eprimex is a cattle wormer, TSC or Jeffers should have it. You cannot eat the eggs if you use Wazine, so figure on throwing out 2 weeks of eggs. But if they're not laying much now, you're not out many eggs anyway.

Also, I think you should get rid of the lice/mites first, then attack the worms.

thanks for the info, I was just wondering, I used the wazine when they were little haven't noticed a problem with the girls, getting 17 eggs a week from 1 hen and 2 pullet, I think thats not too shabby.

sounds like the mites were the issue i like to put a bit of agricultural lime in the coop as well the poultry dust and or 7 works well and a little goes a long way Id dust em again in a week the coop as well might want to consider a couple weeks of 18 percent feed to help em rebound...

Back
Top Bottom