Egg rolling around!

Tryingtothinkofaname

In the Brooder
May 10, 2022
I took the turning tray out of my incubator today to start lockdown. I only have one egg that has made it this far (I only started with two fertile anyway) and now the turning tray is out the egg has literally rolled from one end of the incubator to the other by itself (because of the chick moving around in there). I’m a bit worried the egg is going to get cracked or damaged by the rolling around. Should I do something or just leave it?

Yes, protect The egg however you can. This simply means that the chick is getting ready to hatch and this always happens in nature. The chick will began to cheep and so the mama hen will stop turning the eggs. Make sure it is protected, otherwise may result in injury or deformit.

Ok thank you, the rubber band is a great idea. My temperature and humidity have been fluctuating a fair amount but I’ve been trying to keep temp to 37.5 and humidity between 30-50

Ok thank you, the rubber band is a great idea. My temperature and humidity have been fluctuating a fair amount but I’ve been trying to keep temp to 37.5 and humidity between 30-50

Up the humidity to at least 60% or more for lockdown. The egg can't break itself rolling in the incubator, they're not that fragile. It will be fine.

I have attached a couple of pictures of my air cell after candling today (day 17) does it look about right or is it too large? Would you recommend locking down today or waiting until tomorrow evening? (Day 18)
Thank you everybody for answering all the questions!
C2FBADC4-B9E7-4D18-8BA7-7414C4FABDE0.png

Attachments

• B6214EC7-22CC-4B6D-93FF-E0DC52567362.png
    B6214EC7-22CC-4B6D-93FF-E0DC52567362.png
    861.5 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom