Egg sales

Driley62

Songster
Jun 8, 2021
Chazy, NY
Hello all,

So im finally considering making in the spring a roadside cart so I can sell eggs. Something with wheels so I can move it like a wheelbarrow closer to the house at night and then closer to the road out in the open. Payment based on the honor system obviously.

What im curious about is how folks keep the eggs from boiling in the summer and freezing in the winter without having to run electric as again, I'm hoping to make a cart rather than a fixed stand. Or does anyone have an easy MacGyver way of rigging up portable electric.

Eggs would be brought in daily.

Why an angry face, my friend? You can make an insulated cart (with foam board, tinfoil, old towels) with better quality coolers and pvc salt ice rods to keep cool. A decent cooler with ice salt rods can work for up to 14 hours. Plus insulation and a shade will extend that. Look up diy ice cream/ cooler cart.
My bad I fixed it 😂 when I went to hit like I musta accidentally held the button and selected the angry emoji!😂

I'm thinking like a raised garden cart style if you guys get what I mean. A way to drop a cooler into a table like thing with a cabinet underneath for folks that wish to donate egg cartons place them in. With a money box affixed somewhere with a small canopy overhead. That way I can wheel it back and forth with ease and not have much of an issue moving it.

I'm thinking like a raised garden cart style if you guys get what I mean. A way to drop a cooler into a table like thing with a cabinet underneath for folks that wish to donate egg cartons place them in. With a money box affixed somewhere with a small canopy overhead. That way I can wheel it back and forth with ease and not have much of an issue moving it.
I would love to see what you come up with.
I'm going to be getting about 8 to 10 eggs a day come spring. Not a lot, but more than I can eat!
I've been trying to think of something like that also.
I think it'd be a good idea to check out the used items stores and see if they have any cart type things.

Back
Top Bottom