Egg Song?

heaven1

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Portland,OR
I think I heard the egg song! Please let me know if you have heard this amazing song.

My girls are starting to lay...2 eggs/day for 3 days in a row now. Yesterday, after Lacy (SLW) laid her egg, she came out of the bush (where she laid her perfect little egg) and started this loud clucking sort of thing and then a couple of the others started doing it. It was like they were singing back and forth to each other. I just stood there between them for what seemed like about 10 minutes, smiling and enjoying the moment!

Congratulations!!!!!
wee.gif
D.gif

It happened to me today. Had seen Cinderella the splash andalusian in nest box several times but today we got the egg song and everyone joined in roo and hen alike. I just stood there and
big_smile.png

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
celebrate.gif

my oldest girls are due to start laying, and we've been hearing the 'egg song' from one particular bird for a few days now - but no eggs! Do they practice their 'song' for a fews days before the big production? She even did the 'squat' thing today....Im getting tired of running out to the coop every time i hear it and finding nothing.
pop.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom