Egg Song

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by wayne hulgan, Aug 13, 2011.

1. wayne hulgan

wayne hulgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2011
    We woke up this morning to a pretty egg song. don't know who was singing, but she needs to go stand in the corner. (no egg) Anyone else have a lier in your flock?

2. Nicole01

Nicole01 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 28, 2011
    MN
    I did yesterday. I was so excited for my first egg. We heard the egg song over and over, like what we heard on YouTube. It was very loud and I'm sure a few neighbors heard the song too. We ran out to the coop all excited with the camera and no egg. We were surprised it was our SS singing the song. She is only 20 weeks. The oldest 3 are 22 weeks.

3. rainierlass

rainierlass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2010
    Eatonville,WA
    My BLRW rooster sings the egg song on a regular basis.........is hilarious.....but he sings it quite well.......I would say he is the biggest loudest liar in my flock!! [​IMG]

4. kcjones

kcjones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Our first chicken to lay looked around for 3 or 4 days singing the egg song, with the rooster helping.Then i wondered if they didn"t like my offerings for nest boxs.i got a large plastic tote tub, put some hay in it.she was in it in 2 minutes an laid our first egg right away , was fun 2 know exactly which bird layed first egg. she has layed an egg everyday since then , so we now have 3 eggs, an she has a fan club of the other hens who watch an take notes [​IMG]

5. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    I have 13 19-21 week olds...one good egg, 2 broken ones...the good one was last week, none since, but they are hanging out around the coop more instead of free ranging and in the nest boxes...fingers crossed every morning!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by