Egg Song

wayne hulgan

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
We woke up this morning to a pretty egg song. don't know who was singing, but she needs to go stand in the corner. (no egg) Anyone else have a lier in your flock?

I did yesterday. I was so excited for my first egg. We heard the egg song over and over, like what we heard on YouTube. It was very loud and I'm sure a few neighbors heard the song too. We ran out to the coop all excited with the camera and no egg. We were surprised it was our SS singing the song. She is only 20 weeks. The oldest 3 are 22 weeks.

My BLRW rooster sings the egg song on a regular basis.........is hilarious.....but he sings it quite well.......I would say he is the biggest loudest liar in my flock!!
roll.png

Our first chicken to lay looked around for 3 or 4 days singing the egg song, with the rooster helping.Then i wondered if they didn"t like my offerings for nest boxs.i got a large plastic tote tub, put some hay in it.she was in it in 2 minutes an laid our first egg right away , was fun 2 know exactly which bird layed first egg. she has layed an egg everyday since then , so we now have 3 eggs, an she has a fan club of the other hens who watch an take notes
smile.png

I have 13 19-21 week olds...one good egg, 2 broken ones...the good one was last week, none since, but they are hanging out around the coop more instead of free ranging and in the nest boxes...fingers crossed every morning!!

Back
Top Bottom