Egg songs?

Pics

gclarrot

Songster
Apr 21, 2020
27 week old buffs all bawking together.
Is it time?
They have access to oyster shells and their nest boxes. My EES are 20 weeks.

I say they’re not ready. Just eating their vocals.

Last edited:
One looks closer than the other. Pullets tend to get more vocal as they mature, and even more vocal around the point of lay.

Oh, the one who started the noise is VERY vocal and she’s the one who stated it. The pale comb girl is still cuddly and not at all mature compared to the other BOs.

I just hope this is a good sign we’re getting To the point of mature to lay eggs.

My girls were laying at 24 ish weeks. I think I would look around your run for hidden eggs. My sure fire tell on whether or not they are ready to lay is the "squat"...when that happens it won't be long before eggs. The next sign is a "moist" vent. The sounds I hear are exactly what my GURLS make when the want treats or want to be let out to free range, or possibly a predator...not necessarily a hawk, rat, mouse, cat, dog, snake or they are tattleing on one of the others LOL 😆

My girls were laying at 24 ish weeks. I think I would look around your run for hidden eggs. My sure fire tell on whether or not they are ready to lay is the "squat"...when that happens it won't be long before eggs. The next sign is a "moist" vent. The sounds I hear are exactly what my GURLS make when the want treats or want to be let out to free range, or possibly a predator...not necessarily a hawk, rat, mouse, cat, dog, snake or they are tattleing on one of the others LOL 😆

my grandmother said the same thing - to look around if you see anything. we have a 130 sq ft run and a 100sq ft "open" 3 walled coop attached to the run. i assumed it was hidden by the cinder blocks where the nesting boxes lay but so far nothing. I also looked behind our walled yard where special things grow and nothing yet.

i assume they're all joining together to make the noise to tattle or join in. My neighbor even remarked how loud they were an peeked over our fence.

Now, for laying though we did add another 4 ladies into our flock lately. So, if they are delaying because of them it could be. 2 copper black marans, 1 isa brown and 1 Silver laced wynadotte. They're still crated since two of the girls cannot behave politely yet.

Back
Top Bottom