Egg songs?

No 🤣 no fake eggs in there yet or real one side
They made all the difference for our flock...its a security thing for all the girls "if its safe enough for someone else to lay an egg there its safe enough for ME" kind of attitude IMO but I don't speak fluent chicken yet.
It's True.
I keep a fake egg in each nest all the time.

*Update

STILL NO EGGS
still having access to oyster shelll..

everyone has gotten much friendlier lately and more curious.

Will they "squat" and let you pick them up ? Are they laying elsewhere? Have you checked their vent ? How old are they now? I feed our flock layer crumbles, but we still have one pullet that has not laying yet...so we both can hang in there for a bit longer cause it's going to HAPPEN

Checked everywhere. They squat after I pick them up.
Vent has 2 spaces to 2 1/2 finger spaces.
I started lock down two weeks ago - no eggs anywhere.

I’m on grower/starter since I have 1 slw, 1 isa brown, 2 black copper marans that are 12 weeks old and 4 ees that are 20 weeks.

I being a newbie probably did this wrong and apologize BUT all our girls get/got the same food once they were put in the coop together. It wasn't to hurry them to lay just no way to adequately separate the food source and will address that problem with the next coop build. The littles have done very well growing up to be BIGS and all but 1 of the 5 littles is laying regularly. I did the same thing with the now bigs...they got layer crumbles from the time they went to the coop at about 10 to 12 weeks. They rarely ate "food" they foraged for what every they wanted. The real food eaten came after the first egg was laid. The Barred Rock at 18ish however the orpingtons and silver laced Wyandottes were around 21-22 weeks.

I being a newbie probably did this wrong and apologize BUT all our girls get/got the same food once they were put in the coop together. It wasn't to hurry them to lay just no way to adequately separate the food source and will address that problem with the next coop build. The littles have done very well growing up to be BIGS and all but 1 of the 5 littles is laying regularly. I did the same thing with the now bigs...they got layer crumbles from the time they went to the coop at about 10 to 12 weeks. They rarely ate "food" they foraged for what every they wanted. The real food eaten came after the first egg was laid. The Barred Rock at 18ish however the orpingtons and silver laced Wyandottes were around 21-22 weeks.

I assumed it would cause liver and kidney issues from my research if you fed them layer feed to early. But they do get mealworms, and handful of treats for all 12 twice a week. Oyster shell in a terracotta dish is refilled almost every day to two days so i know they must be coming up to that point very shortly since it's always gone and nothing on the coop sand flooring. It's only my 4 BOs eating it and not my EEs or other four girls.

Fingers crossed when I go back to work this week one night I come home to clean that there is some eggs.

I assumed it would cause liver and kidney issues from my research if you fed them layer feed to early.
It can, also may slow growth due to lower protein.
Many of us feed an all flock type feed to flocks with different ages, genders, laying status.
Oyster Shell for the active layers in ta separate feeder.

It can, also may slow growth due to lower protein.
Many of us feed an all flock type feed to flocks with different ages, genders, laying status.
Oyster Shell for the active layers in ta separate feeder.
Somethign to purchase next time. Just purchased a new bag from my local non chain feed store. Unless I can exchange it but I am unsure if they even have all flock available from nutrena. They were low on feed when I went today.

We got an egg!!!

Attachments

• 4A7B19CE-F26A-4780-AB09-0D716E4A1290.jpeg
    4A7B19CE-F26A-4780-AB09-0D716E4A1290.jpeg
    347.2 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom