Egg songs?

What age were they when you got the egg? I have 6 buffs that are doing all the POL behaviors and the wait is AGONIZING! Mine are around 20 weeks.

What age were they when you got the egg? I have 6 buffs that are doing all the POL behaviors and the wait is AGONIZING! Mine are around 20 weeks.

29 weeks 🤣🤣🤣🤣 yeah, I know. A little late.
And no one else is laying. Although, my one EE is exhibiting the same submissive squat (wings spread, deep squat) this last week. She’s 24 weeks. So, any day for her.

It’s the most aggravating thing to be waiting especially since all the signs are just right.

Yeah! I heard the egg song a little bit, and the nest boxes were scratched up the other day...I want fresh eggs so badly! Although I will admit everything about raising chickens is so fun haha!

Where did you get your chicks?
Cackle - except four (was supposed to be barred rock and when I got home they had feathered legs and ended up being Marans and SLW I picked and 1 isa brown) was from my local independently owned feed store.

All together I have 4 buffs, 4 ees, 2 black copper Marans, 1 silver laced Wyandotte and 1 isa brown.

Our 2 orpingtons were about 22 to 25 weeks the first orpington was just 22.5 ish the second was like 25 ish ...but once they started they were/are very good laying daily for several weeks in a row then skip a day maybe 2 then right back to every day. Now that they are hens they both have slowed just a bit and the first one to lay was attacked by a predator and just started to lay again. Her vent was damaged pretty significantly and we thought she may not lay again...but she has resumed now at about every 3-4 days...days are short now and has something to do with that lol

Our 2 orpingtons were about 22 to 25 weeks the first orpington was just 22.5 ish the second was like 25 ish ...but once they started they were/are very good laying daily for several weeks in a row then skip a day maybe 2 then right back to every day. Now that they are hens they both have slowed just a bit and the first one to lay was attacked by a predator and just started to lay again. Her vent was damaged pretty significantly and we thought she may not lay again...but she has resumed now at about every 3-4 days...days are short now and has something to do with that lol
yes, 3 days a week she'll lay before 2Pm then every other day.
Maybe, if I am lucky they'll all be laying before Jan 20th for my birthday.

“Hahaha human, made you look!”:lau
literally my life recently.
if i scare my EE who is doing the squatting, especially. I then pet her and my maran is such a DICK (maybe it's a roo?? def dont think. just a head lady in the making.) and will peck her if im petting her. She's VERY submissive and makes a big loud noises and ranges of sounds while pacing on the roosting bars in front of the nesting box to never lay,

Back
Top Bottom