EGG SQUAT!?!?!?

ChickenMama6RIR

Free Ranging
7 Years
Four days after I got rid of my roosters one of my Easter Eggers laid her first egg. It was a beautiful green!!!! On the same day my other two Pullet started doing the egg squat. This was 3 days ago. My question is, how long until they lay now. I am very anxious for eggs lol! I have waited for MONTHS!!!! Let's just say patience isn't my middle name :lau! I understand they are close to laying.... But how close?

Typically when pullets start the submissive squat, they begin laying within 1 week (although I think mine were closer to 2 weeks). I've never had EEs laying so I'm not sure about the next egg. Good luck on that! We have 3 EE that are 8 weeks old right now, so I'm crossing my fingers for green eggs like yours!

Typically when pullets start the submissive squat, they begin laying within 1 week (although I think mine were closer to 2 weeks). I've never had EEs laying so I'm not sure about the next egg. Good luck on that! We have 3 EE that are 8 weeks old right now, so I'm crossing my fingers for green eggs like yours!
Yay! So hopefully any day now!!!! I probably check the nesting box every 30 minutes to an hour lol :lau I have one more we doing the submissive squat and then one buff orpington. I love my EEs. They don't really like affection, but they are gorgeous! I will post a pic of the egg. I hope yours lay green also! I want my second one to either lay a different shades of green, any shade of blue, or a Maran brown :D

It was a double yolker!
20170530_151338.jpg

So, it's good when you see your chicken (that's doing the submissive squat) checking out the nesting box multiple times a day, right?
NO, not for a older man----That's why I like to keep a rooster with mine----so when I walk in they are not squatting in front of me causing me to about trip----LOL.

I get rid of a mean Rooster too, but I always get another one, But I have been known to hatch 1000's of eggs so I need them fertile.
I get rid of a mean Rooster too, but I always get another one, But I have been known to hatch 1000's of eggs so I need them fertile.
Nice! I wish I could hatch thousands of eggs :D I thought about getting another rooster!

Back
Top Bottom