Egg stealing

Actually no he was raised around all ducks. Until about 6 months ago when I allowed co-mingling. He has since ditched most of the other ducks and started hanging with the chickens. Except for when he’s following me around. He comes and begs for baths, even though he has a pond. When I tell him “no” he bites me! I swear he understand me just fine.
That is so bizarre. He sounds like a very unique and interesting duck! Seeing as he's 2 years old, I'm assuming you're positive he's a boy. Maybe provide him with some golf balls or something else he can roll around if he's obsessed with the eggs?
Yes, very sure he’s a boy as he’s helped create many little Peking’s. I’m adding some other breeds to see if I can interest him in duck life again! And I’ve tried ceramic eggs, golf balls, ping pong balls, rubber eggs....he knows the difference!!! He will take those and drop them to the bottom of his pond. He only sits on real eggs! But no one is broody at the moment and he doesn’t accept that apparently 💁🏼🙈.

That's
My Peking drake has been stealing chicken eggs. He rolls them from their nest to an old coop. At first I thought he was eating them...but today I snuck up on him and found him sitting on the eggs! Is this normal?

Schubert ::::::: (here’s some background on said duck. Maybe nothing he does is normal 😂🙄)
He’s a very odd duck. He acts more like a weird person than an animal. He even micromanages the chickens. He will steal cat food from the food bowls and give it to the chickens. Him and the rooster are best buddies. He even tries to sleep in the chicken coop sometimes. I’ve never had a duck that acts the way he does. He’s almost 2. He’s super friendly and likes being handled. He’s learned the mailman carries dog treats and now begs for pieces. He literally runs to greet the mail truck. View attachment 2655914
quite the identity crisis.

You should start keeping him with monkeys next! That is an identity crisis that I would love to see😂
God no. He’s been watching my 3 year old play on a little tykes slide. It was weird the way he would just stand and watch my son play. Well today I caught Schubert the duck trying to get up the slide. I guess I’m going to make him a slide next 🙄😆 E473A90A-57D9-4F2B-82E5-3C88DD582091.jpeg

He looks small for a pekin.. how much does he weigh?
in other news.. do you believe in reincarnation??:lol::lau:lol:
That's a great thought, creepy person that watched children play dies and becomes a duck! Or angry person who liked to take baths dies and becomes a duck! Or dog who loved to get treats from the mailman dies and becomes a duck! Or crazy chicken lover who had a terrible addiction to hatching eggs dies and becomes a duck! Whoever that duck was before he died must've been weird😳

He looks small for a pekin.. how much does he weigh?
in other news.. do you believe in reincarnation??:lol::lau:lol:
It’s just the angle, he’s a decent sized boy. He was weighed on the 1st (just for our records) and he was at 9.1lbs
Here’s a better picture (and he’s not in the tub lol). Also here is him beside my almost 8lb duck 3DF363BB-4638-402C-8FBF-8F895BB2C0AF.jpeg 758840EA-E1FE-44FC-962C-1287E099E34B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom