Egg stuck in rotator

Jay262

Songster
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Only 24 hours in and discovered a egg is stuck in turner already. It doesnt appear to have any gluey substance around it i am assuming it expanded and now is stuck in ther or atleast hopefully. Should i try to remove it around day 7 when im gonna candle or just leave it there?

I had one stuck in the bator this time too...thought I'd gently pull on it and get it to break free...however, it broke all over...it was a mess!
he.gif
Although it looked ok, the shell was definately stuck to the bator (glued there) even now there are a couple pieces stuck to that hole. Even if you can't see the leakage, it might still be there!! Good luck!

I know i have had them stuck in the past to and they werent leaking. Im just debating try not and maybe break a viable egg or wait till later and maybe have a rotten egg the delima of it all. Anyone know a good way to loosen then maybe without breaking the egg itself maybe some oil or water idk.

Last edited:
Take a paper towel and wet part of it with hot water. Squeeze a few drops of the hot water around where it is stuck. Wait a couple hours and use a tiny sewing needle to gently scrape around the circumference of the egg. Repeat a few times and good luck.
big_smile.png

Yeah, it is even worse when the egg is rotten, I had a drippy rotten egg, when I ever so gently pulled on it, It POPPED all over me and some of the other eggs. And made the inside of the incubator SO disgusting.

That happened to me with some shipped eggs. One that looked fine glued itself to the egg turner. Then exploded a few days later! It was a MESS! Must have had some spider cracks I missed. Now that I know better, if that happens again, I will try to loosen the egg to get it out. Maybe cover it with a hot wet washcloth for a while and see if that loosens it up?

I tried soaking mine, but it didn't budge...I've even tried soaking the pieces that are left on their and scraping them off, but no luck...I haven't messed with it for a long period of time cause I still have eggs in there! I didn't want to risk leaving it and having a stinky, rotten egg explode!!
sickbyc.gif
I figured if it was leaking, something was wrong with it! Better to have it break BEFORE it smells terrible!!
smile.png
Good luck with whatever you decide!!
smile.png

If you are only 24 hrs in. Take all the eyes out and try to push it out through the bottom of the hole. It worked for me. Good luck.

Quote:
Thx incubator wasnt full so i was able to reach underneath egg without taking rotator out. It worked the eggs are a little dirty so i guess some of that stuck it to the turner thx again.

Back
Top Bottom