EGG SWAP (Columbia County, NY) "so far" list of eggs POSTED

Any and all types of eggs are welcomed with open arms!
love.gif
I have a few people who are going to be bringing some baked goods and things like that because they dont have any chickens and desperately want to start a clutch of their own. I am so happy that we are going to be able to help them out so they can experience the joys of having chickens that we all know and love!
I'm off that day, but have a class in the morning over in Troy until 11 AM. I'd love to swing by in the afternoon, though!

I only have mutt eggs (all Speckled Sussex crosses),, but I could certainly bring some goodies like a raffle basket.

I've never been to one of these, so how does it work? Do we meet up, and just exchange eggs for eggs, or pies etc? Sounds like fun any old way!

I believe she is planning to have tables set up for different types of eggs, you can put yours there and take an equal amount home. Or you can set up swaps directly with others who will meet you there. Some people who don't have eggs but want some might bring other things to trade.

Thank you! I couldnt have explained it better myself!!!!
highfive.gif

I believe she is planning to have tables set up for different types of eggs, you can put yours there and take an equal amount home. Or you can set up swaps directly with others who will meet you there. Some people who don't have eggs but want some might bring other things to trade.

I am so excited... I rescued a golden duckwing araucana rooster and one of his hens and for the longest time, he wasnt crowing or trying to get friendly with the ladies but has finally started so I am test running my ladies' eggs right now to see if they are fertile. If they are, I will have some araucana eggs, as well as, some araucana/white leghorn eggs to bring to the swap...yay!

Ok, back to business...
I am going to rewrite the list and if there is anyone who ONLY wants to do personal swaps, please let me know and let me know what type of eggs. If anyone hasnt already put up what they are going to be (hopefully) bringing, please do so asap. Thanks so much.

I wanted to let you know that I do have some people bringing sumatra eggs and sumatra mixes, too. Will have an updated list up soon!

as long as they aren't all broody by then I will be bringing Sumatra eggs.
lau.gif
Seriously a few will still be laying in the worst case and I'll bring pure bred Sumatra as well as Sumatra/mixes.

Back
Top Bottom