EGG SWAP (Columbia County, NY) "so far" list of eggs POSTED

WillowWoodsFarm

Songster
13 Years
Nov 17, 2010
New York
I will be holding an egg swap on April 21st, 2012 from 11 until 3ish. It will be held in the House of Praise parking lot, located at 1688 Route 9 in Castleton, NY 12033. It is just 3.1 miles North from the thru-way and I-90. Remeber it will be outside so please dress accordingly. Bring some of your hatching eggs and go home with other breeds of hatching eggs. If you do not have eggs to bring, that is ok! You can bring other things to contribute to the swap. It is going to be alot of fun and the best part is....IT'S FREE! Sign up now to come to the swap and include what you will be bringing.

READ SWAP DETAILS AT BOTTOM OF PAGE

Here is the "so far" LIST

CHICKENS OTHER FOWL
~D'Uccles ~peafowl
~Australorps ~pheasants
~Jap. Bantams ~Sweetgrass turkey
~Easter Egg (EE) mixes ~eastern bronze turkey
~Marans ~sebastopal geese
~EE X New Hampshire Reds ~crested duck
~Buff Orpingtons ~chinese white ducks
~Araucanas ~coturnix quail
~Silkies
~Rhode Island Reds OTHER STUFF
~Sumatra ~rabbits
~EE X Sumatra ~pigeons
~Barnyard mix
~Easter Eggers
~Silkies FOR BARTER
~Polishes ~geckos (contact itsy)
~Polish Frizzles ~10g & 55g reptile tanks
~Mille Fleur cochins (contact itsy)
~Silver Spitzhaubens ~29g aquarium (contact itsy)
~Pheonix ~homemade soap (contact itsy)
~Chocolate Bantams
~Mixed layers
~Speckled Sussex Xs
~Blue Cochin (Standard & Bantams)
~Meat bird eggs
~Ameraucanas
~Guinea hens
~California Whites

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS LIST CAN CHANGE AT ANY TIME. AS BIRD OWNERS, WE ALL KNOW THAT "THINGS" CAN HAPPEN....PREDITORS, DEATHS OR JUST PLAIN OUT REFUSE TO LAY WHEN WE WANT THEM TO! PLEASE NOTIFY ME OF ANY CHANGES THAT YOU KNOW OF AND I WILL UPDATE THE LIST ASAP. THANKS FOR BEING UNDERSTANDING :0)

If you have not yet informed me of what you are going to bring, please do so as soon as you can/know. Thanks.

SWAP DETAILS

I will have tables labeled for the eggs brought, ie...
mixed breeds, pure breds, bantams, ducks & other fowl.
When you bring your eggs, have the carton or box labeled what breed they are and place them on the appropriate
table(s). If you have mixed breeds, please label what breeds they are mixed with or in the case of a barnyard mix, it would be helpful to make a list of your rooster(s) and your hens so people have an idea of what the chicks may be, if possible.

For those who only want to swap their eggs for specific breeds, it may be in your best interest to work out the details here and use the swap as a meeting ground.

We ask that everyone be courteous and only take close to the amount that you bring. If there are any eggs left at the end of the swap, they will be free for the taking!
I will be providing some empty egg cartons. If you bring a dozen eggs, I will give you an empty carton to fill up.
If you have any questions, please contact me and ask.
You can also email me at [email protected] and I will do my best to get back to you within the same day.

Thanks so much and I look forward to seeing you there,
~Nikki~

AND PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD!!!!
frow.gif

Last edited:
I believe she is planning to have tables set up for different types of eggs, you can put yours there and take an equal amount home. Or you can set up swaps directly with others who will meet you there. Some people who don't have eggs but want some might bring other things to trade.

Any takers???? It sure would be fun and we can all add some new chickens to our flock for FREE! Everyone's favorite price, lol.

Last edited:
Quote:
Great
ya.gif
This is going to be so much fun! i plan on going to the library as well and making some flyers to post around. Hopefully this could be a start to an ANNUAL egg swap!

where would it be located? im in upstate ny so probably would travel 3 hrs or so.

We have Jap bantams, EE mixes buy springtime, and maybe some Marans by then too.

would be interested in probably more marans and jap bantams or blrws and bantam cochins- barred/mottled/mille fleur

Quote:
Well, I have to work out all the details still but it would be located in Columbia County which is about 15 minutes south of Albany. I definately want to do it in early spring so that way the eggs dont get too warm and start trying to develop on us! I also want to start getting a list going of what type of eggs people plan on bringing. Like I wrote to Happyhensny, I am going to make flyers and hang them around town and in the library and such. I live in the country so I am pretty optimistic that we will end up having a good turn out. I am also going to start looking around for a hall or park that I can reserve. I will keep everyone posted with the new details. I have added both of you to my buddy list.
~Nikki~

Back
Top Bottom