Egg Tester Wanted for Bantam Polish Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by baregretchen, Jan 22, 2010.

1. baregretchen

baregretchen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    So. Maryland
    Thank you SO MUCH to everyone who responded. I was overwhelmed and gratified by the number of PMs I received from people offering to test for me -- easily over 40. People on BYC are so nice and so willing to extend a helping hand! [​IMG]

I tried to respond personally to everyone, but if I missed you, please accept my apologies! If I responded to you and let you know there was still space and you didn't send in the shipping money yet, please don't! I already have my nine people in these states, Michigan, California, Florida, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas, Oregon and Maryland, testing for me. I think that gives a random sampling of areas and I am hoping fertility will prove to be good. If not, I am going to wait another 4-6 weeks for the weather to warm some more and ask again for help in testing. I hope some of you will be willing to do it at that point, if necessary.

Thanks again and I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Gretchen

Hi. I was wondering if anyone out there would like to test fertility on six (6) bantam Polish eggs. I get about six eggs a day from my various colored pens which include white-crested Polish in khaki, chocolate, cuckoo, blue, splash & black, and buff-laced Polish. There are smooth and frizzles in every pen, too, so the resulting chicks could be either. You will receive any or all of these colors, depending on who laid. All of my breeders are of excellent quality and many have been shown and placed in the ribbons.

I'd like to send out 7-9 of these test egg batches to get a good idea of my Polish's fertility in these colder months. So, let me know via PM if you're interested. I'll try to close this auction if the goal of 7-9 batches has been reached before the 7 days are up. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have via PM, so ask away!

Here are various photos of my bantam Polish and Polish chicks from last summer.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  2. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    Sent ya a pm!! [​IMG]

3. australorpchick

australorpchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2009
    Canyon Lake, TX
    PM'd you!

4. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Oh my! They are so beautiful! I would love to, but I can't set until the second week in March [​IMG] I am sure you won't have any trouble finding the testers you need though. [​IMG]

5. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    PM sent!
    ETA-I love the Buff-laced!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2010
  6. Heidi

Heidi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2007
    Northwest Michigan
    You're birds are beautiful - I'm sure the babies will be as well. PM sent.

7. TurtleFeathers

TurtleFeathers Fear the Turtle!

Jan 9, 2009
    By the Chesapeake Bay
    I PM'd you as well...

8. Freckle Face Farm

Freckle Face Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    Florida
    sent you money via paypal [​IMG]

9. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    I would love to...bators empty!!!!!

10. muddyhorse

muddyhorse Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2009
    Bloomsdale, MO
    PMed you I would love some frizzle polish to go with the frizzled cochins, frizzled Std cochins, Frizzled turken......hmm I think I see a pattern here

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by