EGG TURNING QUESTION

My eggs arrived in the mail, so I let them sit for 24 hours before putting them in the incubator. Once they went in the incubator they were on an automatic turner from day one of incubation. Good luck with your hatch!

My eggs arrived in the mail, so I let them sit for 24 hours before putting them in the incubator. Once they went in the incubator they were on an automatic turner from day one of incubation. Good luck with your hatch!
thank you for the reply , you get good hatch rates like that? cause some people say to not turn them inside the incubator for 48 hours

thank you for the reply , you get good hatch rates like that? cause some people say to not turn them inside the incubator for 48 hours
Well, I used shipped eggs that took a week to get to me. USPS jostled them so much that all but one were not viable from the beginning. The one that was is thriving at 3 weeks old now. So, it's hard to answer that question. I had damaged eggs to begin with. Hopefully someone else who has hatched a lot of eggs can answer your question more definitively. Good luck!

If they’re shipped I recommend you don’t turn them for the first two days. They’ll be fine not turning because the embryo doesn’t really get blood vessels until day 3 anyway.

I’d also hold off on candling shipped eggs until at least day 7, so that they aren’t jostled more than they already were.

I’ve hatched out over a dozen batches of shipped eggs and had wildly different hatch rates due to handling during shipping. But I’ve always had decent enough rates.

Back
Top Bottom