Egg Value

Do you sell your eggs?

• Total voters
Pics

MTP55

Songster
Aug 27, 2018
Thumb of Michigan
For those who sell their eggs, how would you go about increasing your eggs value? I plan to try to do this next spring for the new market season so I'm just curious as to what other people have done or ideas they may have had. Obviously it could be a region specific solution.

I don't sell my eggs. I just give the extras to friends, but I think having a variety of colors makes your egg cartons look more appealing. I have 2 easter eggers and a leghorn with 9 brown egg layers and I think the white and blue/green eggs really make a difference in the appearance of your carton. Not sure how more value it would add, but people seem to really like it.

I don't sell my eggs. I just give the extras to friends, but I think having a variety of colors makes your egg cartons look more appealing. I have 2 easter eggers and a leghorn with 9 brown egg layers and I think the white and blue/green eggs really make a difference in the appearance of your carton. Not sure how more value it would add, but people seem to really like it.
X2 I don’t sell. I want to, but I always end up giving the eggs to friends. People do love the blue eggs!

Here duck eggs sell for more than chicken eggs. Additionally, duck eggs are not available at any of the local markets. I like to do half and half, chicken and duck eggs, in a carton. People feel that they are getting something special.

I think local supply and demand actually drives the price more than anything. I think you need to be priced within a dollar a dozen of anyone else in the area selling eggs. Also look at what the eggs in your grocery store sell for, all varieties, you can probably price yours close to or a little more than the most expensive eggs per dozen in your grocery store.

"farm fresh"
I do not believe adding this label requires you to legally meet any specific requirements ;)

Whereas "cage free" "organic" "free range" I believe all have certain requirements to be met to be used on your label... but if your situation meets any of those requirements, those are labels people like to see!

Also if you suspect a double yolker or have an extremely large egg, it's nice to throw it in the carton for a customer instead of eating it yourself (though it's tempting), it's just one more thing to WOW them.

For those who sell their eggs, how would you go about increasing your eggs value? I plan to try to do this next spring for the new market season so I'm just curious as to what other people have done or ideas they may have had. Obviously it could be a region specific solution.
This is how I "package" mine. I like using a "Free Range" stamp on my white eggs because not many in my area have organic/free range WHITE eggs....this shredded crinkle paper is from the dollar store, I use very little to spruce up the carton! I love people's expression when they peek in the carton! They are so pleasantly surprised and that is my "pay off" I love to bring joy through eggs! It's the most magical activity I have ever engaged in! Good Luck with yours!!

Attachments

• IMG_2155.JPG
    IMG_2155.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 169

Back
Top Bottom