Egg white

Mamatomany123

Crowing
Mar 14, 2020
West texas
I have an older production hen that was still sitting in the nesting box when I just went to close up. I knew she wasn't broody as she's never gone broody and wasn't puffed up or screeching. Thought maybe she was just getting old and was more comfortable there. I picked her up just to check her and when I did she released what looked like egg white. I'm not sure if she's laid today or not, she wasn't on an egg in the nesting box. What should I look for or possibly do to help? Like I said, she's older, about 5-6 and a production bird but even if her laying days are coming to an end, or her days in general,I don't want her to suffer.

Did you see a shell membrane?

If she's gone to roost, then I'd keep see how she is behaving in the morning. If she's slow or lethargic, then it'd be a good idea to give her extra calcium, see that she's drinking. Let her roam with her flock if she's not getting picked on and observe. See if she expels a membrane or lays an egg.

Did you see a shell membrane?

If she's gone to roost, then I'd keep see how she is behaving in the morning. If she's slow or lethargic, then it'd be a good idea to give her extra calcium, see that she's drinking. Let her roam with her flock if she's not getting picked on and observe. See if she expels a membrane or lays an egg.
No shell. At first I thought she pooped on me but when I looked I realized it was the white of the egg. So far she's acting normal, or her normal. She's always been a bit off.

Back
Top Bottom