Egg withdrawal on valbazen

Sex-link chickens are more susceptible to egg laying problems due to the amount of eggs they produce.
So Ive been reading. These were our first layers. It just seems now that they are all starting to just give up. We have another flock of barred rocks we got this summer but they arent laying yet. Not very many eggs anymore from the comets either. I had to turn family away that wanted eggs. We had to put one out of its misery because she laid internally. One has a heart condition and we had to drain her water belly. Now this one who seems content on starving herself to death. They attacked her in the yard today and she just laid down on the ground. I thought she was dead

So Ive been reading. These were our first layers. It just seems now that they are all starting to just give up. We have another flock of barred rocks we got this summer but they arent laying yet. Not very many eggs anymore from the comets either. I had to turn family away that wanted eggs. We had to put one out of its misery because she laid internally. One has a heart condition and we had to drain her water belly. Now this one who seems content on starving herself to death. They attacked her in the yard today and she just laid down on the ground. I thought she was dead
Keep in mind that the there are less daylight hours, expect a loss in egg production. My hens are laying less eggs as well.
I forgot to add that Barred Rocks are my favorites. They'll stick with you in the long haul in producing eggs.

Back
Top Bottom