Egg Yolk Floating in Shell

Quote:
I finally found a method for boiling fresh eggs that works for me. I think i combined a couple of different things i read. I put room temperature, 2-day-old eggs in water that was already boiling. When it came back to boiling, i let it boil 17 minutes, then drained it and put the eggs in the freezer in a strainer to chill for a few minutes.

They were the easiest eggs i've ever peeled. Don't know why.

I love this idea! I will try it next time!
CJ

Well, here's the update:

After plenty of time trying the new method, I've come up with a near-perfect alternate to washing the eggs. I got over the minor smudges and just started putting the eggs straight into cartons and into the fridge. End of story. The biggest trick to cutting way down on dirty eggs was to collect eggs more frequently.

This has completely fixed the floating yolk issue. So, if you want your yolk to float to the top (or maybe it's sinking to the bottom), use hot/warm water to soak the egg for 15 minutes or so.
smile.png

With the really cruddy eggs, I separate them and use them for my personal consumption or as give-aways to needy families. I know we're supposed to give our first 10% to God/charity/poor, so I tithe/donate with 10% of my egg money as well!

Back
Top Bottom