Egg Yolks for Protein?

KRZ4CKNS

Chirping
10 Years
Feb 11, 2010
Sure I must have missed this question sorry if it is a repeat: Seems boiled egg yolks would be a good source of protein for our chickens?

lol...yeah. Boiled or scrambled or fried, they love them and they've got good protein
smile.png

I feed my chickens boiled eggs (shells included) and they love them--just break up the shells into tiny pieces. I sometimes feed the boiled eggs to chicks for extra protein.

The egg white nactually has a make up of pure protein known as albumin. It is the standard (1.0) that all other protein is judged against (<1.0).

Just some random knowledge rolling around in my brain thanks to the biology program in college!!

Gave the girls a breakfast of fried eggs today and had the best time watching as they gobbled it up in a flash.
Thank you all for your reply I am learning more everyday and have just the happiest of hens - Oh healthy to!

Save your shells everytime you have eggs. Alow to dry well and crush and keep in a zip-lock bag.
After you have about a cup of them sprinkle in your chickens run. You won't need to buy oyster shell and can reduce costs. My eggshells are so strong, they hardly ever break.

Back
Top Bottom