Eggbarassin' Question...

I think they're called different things...

"Egg in a basket"
"Egg in the hole"
"Gashouse Eggs"

My DH calls it gashouse eggs - which sounds like it could cause some unpleasant side effects!
lau.gif

Basically you take a piece of bread, cut a hole out (save the hole), slather it down in some butter break an egg into the hole and let it fry up, then carefully flip it and fry that side up. Some people put a dash of cinn. on it but I just eat mine well done (yoke broken).
thumbsup.gif

The only thing I've noticed about the difference between my banties eggs and my bigger girls eggs is that the shell is much thicker/harder on the little ones, and that the yolks is indeed bigger. I'm a bit of a picky eater too and am new to chickens at home, but I found them both to taste fabulous.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Uh oh... does this mean I should prepare to be attacked when I go egg fishin?
hit.gif

I would keep one or two silkies JUST for this reason...forget the Little GIANT! How's that for being GREEN!
lau.gif

Quote:
LOL I just made them for my 4 yr old nephew this past weekend for the first time and he loved them so much he wanted what he called "dippy eggs" for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and said that "these were the bestest eggs in the whole wide world" i believe i heard him mumble something like " mmmm scrumptious" as he was licking the yolk off of his lips and chin. I personally love the bantam eggs verses store bought or large eggs, just requires a few more. What they lack in size they make up for in flavor!

Last edited:
They taste much better to me and I wouldn't want to have to give up fresh eggs. I have some of my city co-workers say they taste funny and look funny with the yolk so dark.

I guess it depends on the person. I prefer knowing what my birds are eating to produce the eggs.

I have actually been told by some that they prefer the store bought eggs because they know they are safe.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom