Eggbound duck?

Is that big scab looking area where her poop comes out or is that a sore/scab on her belly?

What were you feeding her?
The scab area is the vent. While she was soaking in the water i was gently rubbing the area. Close to before she died some poop did come out but not much. after she died and i checked out her insides i poked through the area and a lot of poop squirted out.

She was just eating normal layer feed. They also get food scraps but I havent given them anything odd.

I have never seen anything like that before. I think you did the right things to try and help her but sadly ducks hide their illnesses and their pain so sometimes when we notice a problem its too late. Ive had ducks die within hours of showing any signs of illnesses too. Im so sorry :(

The scab area is the vent. While she was soaking in the water i was gently rubbing the area. Close to before she died some poop did come out but not much. after she died and i checked out her insides i poked through the area and a lot of poop squirted out.

She was just eating normal layer feed. They also get food scraps but I havent given them anything odd.
It appears that she stopped being able to poop some time ago and that's what killed her.

I would not offer the others any scraps at all. Only crumbled or pelleted age appropriate feed from now on.

Back
Top Bottom