Eggbound duck?

Adolfus Nile

Chirping
Jan 12, 2023
Saw one of my ducks not eating and acting weird this morning, appears unable to quack even though she is trying to. Walking slow and acting a bit dazed. Lumpy abdomen. Pic related pasty butt. Gave her calcium gluconate when i got home from church today and put her in a warm Epsom bath. Watching her right now. Thoughts?

Here is a picture of the backside. She also appears to be trying to poop/lay an egg with no luck

Attachments

• 20231008_135626.jpg
    20231008_135626.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 20231008_135624.jpg
    20231008_135624.jpg
    360.7 KB · Views: 8
Honestly I think she just died. Started twisting around super weird for a few minutes now totally limp. Just bathed her for an hour and then rubbed her bottom for the second half hour and it happened right after moving her to a dry place.

Just going to bury her and see if i can buy a replacement from the same place that i bought her. Wish I knew what killed her. if anyone has a suspicion let me know.

Just going to bury her and see if i can buy a replacement from the same place that i bought her. Wish I knew what killed her. if anyone has a suspicion let me know.
Is that big scab looking area where her poop comes out or is that a sore/scab on her belly?

What were you feeding her?

Back
Top Bottom