Eggcubator and Ebay problems

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jhm47, May 13, 2015.

1. jhm47

jhm47 Songster

Sep 7, 2008
    Bought an Eggcubator through Ebay about a month ago. When it arrived, I tried to set it up, but it wouldn't do anything. I contacted Eggcubator through the Ebay website and told them about it. They assured me that they would send me a new power cord on the following Monday. I had tested the cord they originally sent with a test light, and it was dead. Well, the following week passed, and no replacement cord. Another week passed, and I contacted the company again, with no reply. I was finally able to find another cord that fit into the incubator, and switched it on. It started up, and I followed the instructions to the letter. The incubator would not heat up to the desired temperature of 37.5 degrees C. I again tried to contact the company, and no reply. I tried everything I could think of, but the thing wouldn't heat up. Contacted Ebay, and their reply was that it was past 30 days, and I was out of luck.

I would think that since I had contacted the company several times through the Ebay website that Ebay would stand behind their guarantee, but no dice. Now I have several dozen eggs (that I bought through Ebay), and they are too old to hatch. Not only that, but I also have an incubator that is junk.

A couple hundred $$$ down the tubes, and nothing but aggravation from Eggcubator and Ebay. Won't be buying anything through Ebay ever again, and I hope those who read about this will also boycott the companies involved.

2. WalnutHill

WalnutHill Crowing

Mar 16, 2014
    SE Michigan
    You already have the eggs, if you can beg or borrow another incubator, give them a go. You may not get a great hatch rate, but it won't be a total loss.

There are a couple of other negative reviews about that incubator and the seller.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  3. Morticia4Ever

Morticia4Ever Hatching

Mar 1, 2017
    A friend of mine gave me one that she had purchased on ebay also. It won't get over 80 degrees.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: