"EGGCUBATOR "SOLD ON EBAY , HAS ANYBODY USED ONE ??? TEMPERATURE ISSUES HELP !!!

does any one by chance have a picture of the heating element im thinking of putting my extra little giant element in my chinese incubator does any one think that could work...
Here is a picture of the heating element and heat sink. It is attached to the underside of the lid, above the fan (which is removed in this picture). The fan is mounted on the 4 yellow plastic posts and blows air up through the heat sink plate.

post# 14 on this thread has the link...

oh you did post that already... oops, my bad...
big_smile.png

I have one of these and it's terrible :( It could not keep heat, I had it wrapped up good and still the temps were getting lower and lower every day. Unfortunately I had 24 mixed heritage turkeys, 8 mutant pheasant and some courtnix in it when it started getting really bad(wouldn't get above 34c). While my husband is teasing me at the moment about putting a thousand watt heating element in it, we have not yet found a great way of fixing it up to make it work better.

Luckily I have a spare incubator my superman husband made me with a wine chiller fridge. Once I got the buttons and bob's to hatching that were in it, I was able to move my turkeys, courtnix and pheasant over. I did loose some, but hopefully I have saved some by putting them into the awesome turbo machine. I cant imagine anything I could buy would be better than the unit he made. I'm trying to get him to join the forum and explain how to make them. That thing is awesome!

If we can get the Chinese one working properly I may use it for hatching or brooding. I do not like it and regret buying it, it's a real piece of junk.

We bought 3) little 9 egg bators from China manufacturer thru eBay. I might help you out with yours. We got our's for grand kids, we tried them all & they work great.
** However, knowing electronics, as long as you can mount the unit where it gets fresh air to go thru heat element at the proper speed & time, it will work.
Our big bator was made out of a 21 cu.ft. upright freezer with a milk house heater/fan, incubator warehouse's digital thermo switches & 12) 96 automatic egg turners. We use another big freezer for a Hatcher, it also as the same heat unit as big bator.

Let us know how you made out.

We bought 3) little 9 egg bators from China manufacturer thru eBay. I might  help you out with yours. We got our's for grand kids, we tried them all & they work great.
** However, knowing electronics, as long as you can mount the unit where it gets fresh air to go thru heat element at the proper speed & time, it will work.
Our big bator was made out of a 21 cu.ft. upright freezer with a milk house heater/fan, incubator warehouse's digital thermo switches & 12) 96 automatic egg turners. We use another big freezer for a Hatcher, it also as the same heat unit as big bator.   

Let us know how you made out.

How do you determine proper air flow? I mean me, not you. How do I know if I'm getting proper air flow?

Last edited:
How do you determine proper air flow? I mean me, not you. How do I know if I'm getting proper air flow?

Get at least five thermometers and place them side by side for calibration. Leave them to stabilize for an hour or more. Mark them so that they are all in reference to one (I usually choose the middle one)., and place one in each corner of the incubator and one directly under the fan, all on the floor.

Leave for an hour, and gather and adjust the readings. If all corrected temperatures are within a degree, that's good.

Now, if you are using a turner, remove the first turner rail next to the motor if possible (to keep the rails from turning), place the turner in the incubator, plug it in (the turner motor creates a lot of heat) and place your thermometers around or tape/fasten them onto the rails so that they do not interfere with operation if you can't remove the first rail. Again, wait for the turner and thermometers to come up to temperature, at least an hour. And again, gather and adjust the readings.

If there are no hot spots and no cold spots, you are in great shape. Now all you need to do is set the temperature.

More likely, though, you will find the corners cold, next to the turner hot, and random hot or cool spots. You can set the eggs around these hot and cold spots, or rotate them during incubation so that slower developing eggs are moved to warmer spots.

It takes very little air movement to break up the temperature striations, which is the first goal of a circulation fan. Just like a ceiling fan, the lowest setting helps even out room temps. With a 12v computer fan, I use a 6v or 9v power supply so that they turn much more slowly. I'm not using them for cooling or exhaust purposes. If the fan spins too fast, it may also be harder to manage humidity.

Back
Top Bottom