"EGGCUBATOR "SOLD ON EBAY , HAS ANYBODY USED ONE ??? TEMPERATURE ISSUES HELP !!!

Get at least five thermometers and place them side by side for calibration.  Leave them to stabilize for an hour or more.  Mark them so that they are all in reference to one (I usually choose the middle one)., and place one in each corner of the incubator and one directly under the fan, all on the floor.

Leave for an hour, and gather and adjust the readings.  If all corrected temperatures are within a degree, that's good.

Now, if you are using a turner, remove the first turner rail next to the motor if possible (to keep the rails from turning), place the turner in the incubator, plug it in (the turner motor creates a lot of heat) and place your thermometers around or tape/fasten them onto the rails so that they do not interfere with operation if you can't remove the first rail.  Again, wait for the turner and thermometers to come up to temperature, at least an hour.  And again, gather and adjust the readings.

If there are no hot spots and no cold spots, you are in great shape.  Now all you need to do is set the temperature.

More likely, though, you will find the corners cold, next to the turner hot, and random hot or cool spots.  You can set the eggs around these hot and cold spots, or rotate them during incubation so that slower developing eggs are moved to warmer spots.

It takes very little air movement to break up the temperature striations, which is the first goal of a circulation fan.  Just like a ceiling fan, the lowest setting helps even out room temps.  With a 12v computer fan, I use a 6v or 9v power supply so that they turn much more slowly.  I'm not using them for cooling or exhaust purposes.  If the fan spins too fast, it may also be harder to manage humidity.

Thank you so much

A down feather will move, move a thermometer probe to various locations in bator giving each location a 5 minute stabile time & temperature should be w/n 2 degrees. Now place 6 oz. of water in bator, if bator temperature is 90 to 100 degrees, in 4 hours the bator should use a % of water. Your goal with a dry face towel in bator should be 40 to 60 % or 2 to 4 oz.

Good luck.

Well I finally got my Eggcubator returned and have received my refund. The unit was a piece of junk! I recommend anyone with one of these units to start your return immeadiately . Due to the seller not responding to me , I had to file a case with Ebay. They did me right.

I have another incubator that is proven to be a really good unit. Its the Janoel 8-48

I have had successful hatches in it. My thoughts are if you can afford a better one, get it, but if you are willing to take some extra precautions, this bater can work fine.

These incubators are nothing but junk. The so-called 2 year warranty is a joke if you can't contact anyone to return them to. Ebay won't stand behind them, since they can find dozens of loopholes to get out of their supposed "guarantee". The one I bought had a defective power cord. The company promised to replace it, but never did. I found another cord that fit exactly, and now the incubator won't heat up. NOTHING BUT JUNK!!!

I try hard not to sound like a person who knows all about incubating eggs, I am 79 years old and have used incubators most of 55 years.
Not only that but I repair all egg incubators people send in. To be honest most work fine. Some are more sensitive to the incubator surroundings and some a hard to maintain.

I read this article and feel for lilcouger because she got scammed. This seller lied up front when it says designed in Canada and made in China. Also people should look at the sellers record on Ebay or Amazon Low number means new seller and be careful.
This unit is pure Chinese. Brinsea and R-Com,both owned by the same South korean mother company are made in South Korea.
I get lots of incubators with nothing much wrong except they are not calibrated or set according to the manuals. People do not read the manuals carefully before pressing buttons or taking them apart.

I have used the old kerosene incubators, still air , and home made. No turners and fancy faces. They worked fine but took up lots of time.
I have three incubators I built looking like a Sportsman, plus some made out of refrigerators. These are all electronic so no worries at all.

Now for the Chinese Plastics. Often people buy from a trader or marketer with no written warranty that is sound. Often they are factory rejects that they pick up cheap. They talk big and end up making a sale but no support or accountability when you innocently inherit an incubator not bench tested or certified.
One issue is that people leave these incubators in the Styrofoam bottom and it can cause the lid to hank up. An air space here is a no no.
These units when delivered to you still need some fine tuning like calibrating the heat sensor, and getting the humidity just where you want it.

I use some tin foil or plastic sheeting to cover the bottom completely. Fill the bottom with water just up to the air vents. ( 3/8 of an inch )
Cut the sheet in half so you can move it one over the other to establish the surface area of water you need to get the humidity you want. Generally very little water is exposed.
This is nice when you go for hatching as it keeps things cleaner. Experiment some.

I like walnut hills comments as they are 100 % accurate. Internal egg temp. is what one must work with. I use a laser thermometer that is calibrated and find it fast and very useful

Lil Cougar I hope you are having some positive results.
I can make these incubators work well for you by just a phone call or email . There are hundreds of them working great as they are the largest manufactured incubator in the world.
I am a Norwegian American Canadian.

I did two successful hatches with incubator. Just plugged it in last night to start my third and no heat. :'( Very frustrating. Eggs are already on day 4 of pre-incubation and it's a weekend. I bought EE's and Cream Legbars on eBay. My husband's gears are turning right now.

bow.gif
Amy; Not sure what Chinese model or brand you bought. I f they are purchased from E-bay or Amazon they are usually from traders. However not always.
Never accept a warranty that says factory. It is no good to you.
I have seen many dealers selling in the USA but they are going with a warranty that is generally not the best. They require you to send the incubator back or the damaged parts back before you get a part on the road.
I am from Canada and we sell various models including large commercial units. Our warranty is 100 % of parts and including a full refund up to 12 months on small incubators.

We are not a dealer but a supplier that provides mentoring for beginners and all parts and service is done at our facility. So watch when you buy as many traders buy factory over runs or old models for mass selling.

You can look at our web page. We are planning on selling onto the USA later this year but presently are over ran in Canada.

Read our info at www.svendirect.com . By the way if there is no heat it can be the settings on some or the element is not working. On all ours we have settings that can be
very easily changed due to the way the computer works. You can send me a picture and I will help you get it going.

Back
Top Bottom