Egglaying problems!

rjrinehart

Songster
Mar 6, 2017
Southeast Tennessee
i got my hens 2-3 weeks ago. They are fairly big girls and I've seen them lay before. But when we got them I was only getting maybe 3 eggs the first week and this week only 2. I thought it was just stress of moving but I don't understand what's going on. It's been a good which since they were moved. They eat layer and corn. I've been trying to get them to eat oyster shell. What else am I doing wrong?

How many hens? 2 eggs/day or per week? How old are they? What breed? How much corn are you giving them? Are you giving them free choice on the layer? What is the mill date on the bag of layer?

How many hens? 2 eggs/day or per week? How old are they? What breed? How much corn are you giving them? Are you giving them free choice on the layer? What is the mill date on the bag of layer?

Like a week. Per 5 hens that are of laying age. I'm thinking that are between 1-2 years old. I've got 3 younger ones in here also. One of my young girls payed a tiny egg. It's half a bag of corn with a whole of layer feed. It's fairly new feed from a feed store.

Like a week. Per 5 hens that are of laying age. I'm thinking that are between 1-2 years old. I've got 3 younger ones in here also. One of my young girls payed a tiny egg. It's half a bag of corn with a whole of layer feed. It's fairly new feed from a feed store.
Do you mix this all together?
What's the protein percentage of the layer feed?
(look at the tag sewn into the bottom of the bag)

You're diluting the protein and the vitamins/minerals/amino acids required for good health and producing eggs.

I know plenty of people who use cracked corn in their layer feed. We just got them about 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking it's more of the stress of moving plus being in the high 80s
my point exactly..most layer feed already has corn in it...they do NOT need extra corn.

Back
Top Bottom