Eggs are looking Good

HI All,
My first hatch New to chickens too
.Had 11 eggs shipped then found later maybe shipped eggs dont do so well hatching.
Day 9 was yesterday.
Candled. them last night
4 were unfertile Took them out .
4 looked almost all dark like 4/5 ths dark and the dark was uneven with a few veins.Classic chick in there it looked like from photos i have seen

They are brown so hard for me to tell and mostly i dont know what i am looking at.
The other 3....... one seemed dark as the rest but could have the red line OR its a vein so left it iin
One looked almost ALL dark and was heavy.( a few were heavier than the unfertile ones)but had more dark then the others.
Dont know what that means.Didnt really see a air sac but it could have been at the bottom where the light was coming thru strongly

Then one was dark but less dark area than the others by a little .so not sure what those 2 mean as far as hatch
I have lavender Orp eggs. I am hoping to get one or 2 chicks.
The temp runs about 100 and humidity about 43 average but varies daliy where i have to add water a few times a day..I dont open the bater at all.(there is a fan and turner)Put the water in with a straw and a large syringe
Tryng hard as i can to follow the "rules" and get a few chicks out of this hatch,.
Fingers are crossed ....and toes too.
Ihave bene wathicng ppls hatches on BYC They are so exciting to hear about.

Oh we are talking about hatching peachicks but congrats on the chickens!

All six eggs are still looking good. I candled them yesterday and they are all moving around and you can see the veins. I am really excited!

Ooh that is exciting! Have any hatched out yet?

My eggs still won't hatch until maybe two weeks. Also Ice has some eggs she is on but they won't hatch for a long time since she has only been on them for 9 days.

my birds are just starting the season. I had a couple eggs when we had the warm spell last month, actually 3 eggs were laid then nothing til this week. Out of the 3 eggs 2 hatched - a BS and a pied. The 3 rd one I knew wasn't fertile as the hen stays inside the shed away from everyone except the yearlings LOL I have most of the poles in the ground for my breeding pens and hopefully have them up by this week so I can seperate the colors. I haven't taken a pic of the BS yet as she was in with the baby Emu I hatched out
big_smile.png

Here's a pic of the pied:

Congrats on all the new babies--- I am SO HOPING to get one of my four eggs to hatch!!! (all four would be great)!!!

I wish it didn't take so long for them to hatch; this is so nerve-wracking!!!

Back
Top Bottom