Eggs are looking Good

MinxFox

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Pensacola, FL
Well today is day seven in my incubation of 5 eggs. I use just a regular GQF styrofoam incubator and hand turn the eggs several times every day. I candled all six eggs about an hour ago and the first egg had veins, then the next and the next until I had candled all six eggs and saw veins in all of them! One *might* have a blood ring but it is kind of faint so I made a note about that egg and will keep an eye out for it. The oldest egg is from April 30th and the newest is from May 15th. I am really excited about possibly being able to hatch out more than one this year! I might be getting better at using the incubator too...I don't know... I told a few of my friends if I hatch some out I will let them name one and claim it.

Does anyone else have some eggs that are doing well so far?

celebrate.gif
fl.gif

caf.gif

MinxFox, I hope all your eggs continue to develop and hatch. This year I am borrowing a GQF Styrofoam Incubator from my school and it seems to be working great. I just had 9 out of 10 eggs hatch, a few Cameo, some IB, an IB split to white, and a white. I have 15 more eggs to hatch!
Good Luck everybody with your hatches.

Thanks good luck to all of you too!

I was thinking recently that I am not sure what I will be getting from these eggs...I will probably get some split to pied or split to whites, India blues split to blackshoulder, and who knows I might even get a white...I don't know what these eggs could be. I hope they all continue to do well. Yesterday I candled them again and they are still looking good.

Thanks good luck to all of you too!

I was thinking recently that I am not sure what I will be getting from these eggs...I will probably get some split to pied or split to whites, India blues split to blackshoulder, and who knows I might even get a white...I don't know what these eggs could be. I hope they all continue to do well. Yesterday I candled them again and they are still looking good.

Congrats on the progress of the eggs. I have eggs in the incubator and under a few broody hens. All I can do is cross my fingers and wish for the best. :/

Yep that is all we can do now... I can forsee me candling them a bunch...XD Last year I candled Peep's egg so much because I loved watching how much he was growing.

Back
Top Bottom