EGGS ARRIVED!! Do they need to rest before going int he bator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Crest Acres Girl, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Crest Acres Girl

Crest Acres Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern California
    I got my eggs delivered today!! they were shipped to me [​IMG] Do I need to let them sit in the room for a bit first or they go straight in the bator!?

2. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Yup, let them sit 8-12 hrs (I usually let them sit overnight if possible) This will help them get acclimated to the temp in your house and let the everything inside the egg rest and settle back into place.

I'll be setting some more in the AM!

3. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Let them sit for a couple of hours, to come to room temperature, before putting them in...

4. Crest Acres Girl

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern California
    How should I let them rest? on their sides?

5. hatchaholic

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Quote:You better slow down, girl!!! How many does that make now?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. hatchaholic

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Quote:I put mine in egg cartons, big end up.

7. UrbanMama

UrbanMama Gone Country....

Sep 27, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Quote:You better slow down, girl!!! How many does that make now?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I have 14 BO's in there right now, and I have 4 more (2 BR and 2 Polish) going in the AM. I'm actually supposed to have a full 'bator by tomorrow night....we'll see!

Sorry to hijack [​IMG]

8. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Congrats on your eggs! I share your excitement...mine are on their way. Should be here tomorrow or the next day [​IMG] BBS orps from Miss Prissy [​IMG] I'm excited! I want them today! Thank goodness I have the next three day off work! I'm having the PO call me so they get as little car rides as possible! I will pick them up at the PO.

9. Crest Acres Girl

Mar 5, 2008
    Southern California
    I am like a wet pig right now, running around to make sure everything is alright. All eggs unbroken [​IMG] 6 is from the October swap and 7 is silkie eggs off ebay [​IMG] I am going to be a mommy soon!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by