Eggs at day 26: advice needed please!

I'm sorry. It's frustrating, but I'd be loathe to try to assist with out at least an internal pip.

When you say no movement do you mean when you're candling, or the eggs aren't moving?

We saw movement in all of the eggs when we candle last night, none of the eggs themselves are moving though. And no sign of any peeps or pipping. Could they still hatch out ok if they're a few days late?

If you're still seeing movement when candleing then they could! Double check for wrong end pips too (I missed one until day 3 of my last hatch and thought that the duck was never coming out.)

Thank you! There doesn't seem to be any sign of pipping at all yet but fingers crossed for tomorrow x

We were getting really worried and hadn't had a response so we quickly candled 3 of the eggs - looks like 2 have internally pipped, including the one with the dark spot. We could see beak shapes moving in the air cell areas. DD has been doing some reading and the dark spot could mean the beak has nicked a vein. It's only a small spot and the beak is moving about a bit away from it so hopefully it's okay.

I'm a complete bag of nerves!!!!

Sorry, I've been out all day! Yay! Internal pip! Keep an eye on them now, hopefully within 24 hrs you'll have an external pip too! Now that you have internal pips you can assist if that becomes necessary.

Keep us updated!

Thank you :) we have an external pip!! Just in the egg that had the dark spot! He'said jiggling away in there :)

Back
Top Bottom