Eggs causing diarrhea in one family member

jimfromliny

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2017
Our chickens are now laying eggs non-stop and everything is great with one small issue. One family member gets very severe diarrhea 2-3 hours after eating the fresh eggs, every time. There is no egg issues with store brought or having them out at a dinner, only the ones laid at home.

Lost as to the reason for this, they sometimes handle and other times don't prepare the eggs. Three people can eat the eggs prepared the exact same way and the one member has very severe diarrhea for a couple hours.

Has anyone else had this problem at all?

I would look at the ingredients in the feed your chickens eat. Chances are there is an item on the label on the bag that your relative is allergic to or can't tolerate.

Find out from your relative what foods give them diarrhea and you can then compare it to the list on the feed bag and perhaps there's a match. From there, you can shop around for feed that leaves out that troublesome ingredient.

Our chickens are now laying eggs non-stop and everything is great with one small issue. One family member gets very severe diarrhea 2-3 hours after eating the fresh eggs, every time. There is no egg issues with store brought or having them out at a dinner, only the ones laid at home.

Lost as to the reason for this, they sometimes handle and other times don't prepare the eggs. Three people can eat the eggs prepared the exact same way and the one member has very severe diarrhea for a couple hours.

Has anyone else had this problem at all?
I'm having the exact same problem! I looked at the ingredients on the bag of feed and there's nothing in it that would cause this family member diarrea. Did you ever figure out the problem?

Gluten intolerance from wheat can cause gas and cramping and diarrhea. You don't necessarily have to have celiac disease to have an adverse reaction from gluten or wheat. Wheat is an ingredient in most commercial feed. You can get feeds without wheat, and that may be worth trying if eggs appear to be causing intestinal distress.

Back
Top Bottom