Eggs eggs everywhere

Iam not being flip but i see this same type post of pp with 100 eggs in their bators at one time and i wonder every time.what do you do with so many chicks when they hatch ?Sell them ?Slaughter them? If not wow a lot of chickens!!
Just so curious. Even if 50 hatch still a lot of chickens.I have 11 and 7 eggs in the bator and feel overcrowded with just them .
Just had to ask.

Iam not being flip at all but i see this same type post of pp with like 100 eggs in their bators at one time and i wonder every time.what do you do with so many chicks when they hatch ?Sell them ?Slaughter them? If not wow a lot of chickens!!
Just so curious. Even if 50 hatch still a lot of chickens.I have 11 and 7 eggs in the bator and feel overcrowded with just them .
Just finally had to ask.

Iam not being flip at all but i see this same type post of pp with like 100 eggs in their bators at one time and i wonder every time.what do you do with so many chicks when they hatch ?Sell them ?Slaughter them? If not wow a lot of chickens!!
Just finally had to ask.
We have some that are for the freezer, Cornish Cross and Black Jersey Giants. Other breeds for eggs to eat, give away to family, and sell.
A coon got 3 of my sisters hens,(she lives in Dalton, Ar. An hour from us.). She has a Barrd hen( my sons favorite) so I am sending her some replacements and trading her for the Barrd hen. My friends mom loves the Araconas, so I am going to give her some of the chicks we are hatching. "Mom" feeds me every time I am there or wants me to take something! And then there is our local swap meets. There you can sell or swap around for what you want. That's how we roll.........
hu.gif

Befor I even put eggs in my incubator I find people who want chicks . The 35 chuckers are actually my brother in laws but his two bators are full so I am hatching them for him I will be giveing them back to him. I will keep a few of the quail and my brother in law is takeing the rest of those as well. My brother in law wants a few chicks as well , one of his kids made a small chicken coop/tractor in school shop so they need a few chickens to put in it. I have 3 or 4 other people that will for shure take chicks of varying amounts . If after they all take what they want I still have some there are farmers markets, auctions, byc , feed stores ect . But I dont think I will have any left over as I planned pretty well. I dont mind people asking me questions by the way
thumbsup.gif

My 1st round of eggs was 87. There are still 23 in the bator, most are in lockdown & I have about 4 scheduled for hatch in a week to 2 weeks. I have about 3 dozen Silkies on the way this week, 9 Cochins, 6 Marans, 3 Jersey Giants, 3 Pekin Ducks, 3 Blue Cochins, 6 others I can't remember off the top of my head & like 2 turkey auctions I'm bidding on. I have another guy who is looking for BLACK COCHINS ONLY so I'm keeping an eye out for eggs for him so I can hatch some for him (If you know where I can find any PLEASE let me know...all I have found so far are B/B/S pen eggs).

Dear Nsampsel,
I thought I was the only with a zoo of children and critters! 6 children, 20 to 36yrs., 12 grand kids, 10 Quarter horses,1 Appalousa, 3 Belgums, 2 Belgin Mule colts,1 Pucheraon, 1 mini Stud, 2 mini mares, 1 mini filly(1 day old), 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 Chincilla, and a little over 100 chickens/ and chicks, and 58 eggs in the bator.
Good thing I live 10 miles out on the gravel, with 218 acres, and 400 acres of the neighbors we run horses on!!!!! They don't have anything they use the pasture for so they welcome us with mowers.
And the nerve of my Grandmother calling me Ellie May!
lau.gif

Dear Nsampsel,
I thought I was the only with a zoo of children and critters! 6 children, 20 to 36yrs., 12 grand kids, 10 Quarter horses,1 Appalousa, 3 Belgums, 2 Belgin Mule colts,1 Pucheraon, 1 mini Stud, 2 mini mares, 1 mini filly(1 day old), 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 Chincilla, and a little over 100 chickens/ and chicks, and 58 eggs in the bator.
Good thing I live 10 miles out on the gravel, with 218 acres, and 400 acres of the neighbors we run horses on!!!!! They don't have anything they use the pasture for so they welcome us with mowers.
And the nerve of my Grandmother calling me Ellie May!
lau.gif
OMG...I'm comin to live out there!!!! I'm in TOWN!!!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom