Eggs, Eggs For Sale?

I take my eggs to a local "mom and pop" Hardware store. They buy them from me for 1.00 a dozen. Then they sell them for the same....so no profit there for them.
roll.png
I also have a couple that lives in town, we "barter" I take them egs, and they bake for me....breads, cakes...home made noodles.....I guess I am getting SOME of my eggs back...hmmm...LOL. My son told his inlaws....I will trade, 5 empty cartons, for a dozen eggs....or 1.00 a dozen. So far this seems to be working....however, i was thinking....egg prices might have to go up...feed costs are going up. UGH! Guess it just depends on your local prices...we live in a small farming comunity so lots of people have chickens and just up the road is a HUGE chicken " farm" I dont like those people....I KNOW whats going on inside those walls.....literally THOUSANDS of hens, in cages...so sad. Maybe I can put them out of business?? LOL

HIiDeb,

I have to agree with you on the big production houses. I was rased on a poltry farm we rased brolers for tyson down in Arkansas were I am from. Sence we have goten our small flock of hens that we let roam on our 20 acers. It doesnt seem right to coop them up. Thay have so much fun chaseing grashoppers and other bugs. we get a kick out of them. We like it so much we are growing our flock up to 300 hens. We just bought our first batch of 129 babies. Boy are thay growing. My boys are haveing so much funn. And every one I know wants to buy our eggs. So we will se how it all works out.

[email protected]

Have a nice day from Bill, Chere, Carson Nad Cameron
D.gif

Last edited:
BLESS you Bigzio!!!!
hugs.gif

I thinks it's wonderful that you share and help those in need!!

It's too bad that only the rich will be able to enjoy the eggs in Portland. And the greedy, well...
he.gif

I want to teach my son to figure his expenses, sell the eggs to cover that cost and earn a little profit. Then once a month take some to the H.O.P.E.* program at our church. *Help Other People Eat*
pop.gif
Low-income & needy come in and get bags of food and personal items. I've been there, done that.

Back
Top Bottom