Eggs, Eggs For Sale?

ChickenGeorge

Chirping
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
Well we are off and running in the egg business.:eek: We have given away some, but they are still piling up in the ice box. After gathering them yesterday we have 5 dozen. I told my wife put up a sign at the hospital, she works there, she called me this morning and said she needed 8 dozen by Tuesday.

I also got an order for 3 dz for easter from one of a lady I teach with.
smile.png

I will talk to my little ladies today, we need to pick up production.
wink.png

Sounds like a good excuse to go find some more that are already laying.
tongue.png

Every one have a great day and be safe.

I was counting my eggs before they're laid this morning (the chicks are only weeks old!), and if everyone lays anywhere near their potential, we'll be swimming in eggs by the end of summer!

ChickenGeorge, your post reminded me of a funny story. When my piano teacher was a kid his mom drove him into the city for lessons and they passed a hatchery on the way. One day there was a sign out, "Free Chicks". So he begged and pleaded and they picked up 4 chicks on the way home. He built them a coop and fed them, and had all these glorious plans for an egg production business, even how much he was going to charge per dozen. Then, they all turned out to be roos, and his hopes and dreams were dashed.
hit.gif

Just a quick update. When she got home from work Friday evening she had orders for 16 dozen total.

wow 16 dozen. LOL . We sell only to our neighbors. They keep us busy. Just a question, how much do you charge for your dozen? Just wondering!

P.S. Give hens coffee and donuts that should help with the late night laying for higher production! LOL:cd

Right now we charge $2.00 a dozen. All I really want to do is pay for their feed, and add new ones to the flock. I do think we will get a base of customers and then just keep the status quo. I am installing them an espresso machine in the coup along with a vegetable bar. That way if they slack off I can always threaten to remove them. HA

Good day to all.

Free range, /organic/ or farm eggs in the Portland Oregon area have gone from 3$ a doz last fall to 5$ a doz this spring because of demand.
My friends have small flocks, 10 -40 birds and closed customer bases last year.
( so now I have three in my kitchen growing, grow dammit grow:)
you may wish to reconsider your pricing.
smile.png
smile.png

cheers
justine

Way to go on egg sales. I give almost all my all natural free range eggs away. I should be selling them but there is alot of older people that can use the help and also enjoy some real eggs. When anyone asks, how much do you want, I tell them I want you to enjoy them and I know they do. I will be giving 10 dozen to the church for lenton breakfast next week so everyone can enjoy really good scrambled eggs. Gotta love those hens!

bigzio

Back
Top Bottom