Eggs for sale by the dozen. Several different Polish and light brahmas ..Grab Bag Style..

Air Cells?

Look at Size, Shape and Location
draft_lens17940528module150148144photo_1305656061Camera_april_2011_017.JPG
A normal air cell in a freshly laid egg are dime sized up to quarter sized in a week-old or older egg, and fixed at the fat end and just looks like a line when candled. Let the eggs stabilize - sit in a flat egg carton, pointy end down, overnight, but 6 hours absolute minimum, and allow them to come up to room temperature slowly before they go anywhere near the incubator.

From rough shipping it is possible to see detached, loose or rolling air sacs as seen in the picture. For those eggs, you need to change your hatch plan. They have to sit 24 hours always pointy end down, to see if the aircells will reattach, about half of them will in my experience. Either way, leave them in the egg carton for all 21 days of the hatch. Stop turning early at Day 16 not 18. It is possible to hatch chicks from eggs with detached air sacs when the cells never stabilized even after 24 hours, but were left upright for hatch. Make sure any turning is gentle, and no flatter than 45 degrees, more vertical is better!

The chicks are hatching!!! wondering if the white eggs are all polish eggs? what are the black chicks that came from some of the brown eggs?

The chicks are hatching!!! wondering if the white eggs are all polish eggs? what are the black chicks that came from some of the brown eggs?
Are all polish eggs white? because Harmony hatched 3 blue/ grey and 2 black that look polish from tan eggs??? or are they a mix of polish and what? trying to figure them out! as they have some foot feathering! thanks!

polish eggs are all white .. the other eggs that were in the mix of brahmas.. the brahamas were buffs,blues,creles and a black. over a dark brahmas roo. the polish were for ppl who want just polish and my brahmas were a grab bag of them as they lay the jumbo eggs. I also had the english layers that are feathered feet like the brahmas but they end up being fluffy when grown like the orphingtons I raise. they are very large eating eggs also. the pic is of the blues some will have some feathering all the way up their necks to heads and layered some may not.

Back
Top Bottom