Eggs for sale

People would laugh and walk away around here too. I do $2.50. Sometimes $2 in late spring when there’s an overload. Most people round here do $2.50 to $3.00
I wish I could get that much. It is a big difference in different states in food. Our store eggs are less than $2 maybe 3.00 for “organic free range” label. Sometimes eggs at the store will be less than a dollar on sale. Store prices in different locations and states can be a factor is all

I'm in Los Angeles and sell mine for $5.00 a dozen. At the farmer's market they sell for $10 a dozen the last time I bought eggs from them. (which was years ago) In the stores they sell "free range"/"pasture raised"/cage free", etc. for about $4.00 to $7.00. The people that buy my eggs say they would pay more because they taste so much better.

Around here farmers markets do $4 tops but even the 2.50 I do is more than the store but I know I would rather get them local. Fresher taste better and healthier. That how my customers feel too. I’ve never seen eggs anywhere here eggs more than $4 that’s only farmers markets. But food prices in general are probably different between the two places. I had a coworker who could believe how much his groceries bill dropped when he moved here from NY. He was amazed and I think that dictates local sales to an extent

Do you sell eggs if so what do you sell a dozen for.

Aside from egg prices, make sure you know the rules around selling eggs in your area. Might be very easy/lax rules especially if selling from your home. And since you are 4-H you should already have the contacts you need at the local Ag extension office to ask the questions around selling eggs. My local Ag office was very helpful.

If I were to sell around here, it would be around $2.50/dz or less. Most likely I would just donate extra to the local food pantry if I actually had extra.

Aside from egg prices, make sure you know the rules around selling eggs in your area. Might be very easy/lax rules especially if selling from your home. And since you are 4-H you should already have the contacts you need at the local Ag extension office to ask the questions around selling eggs. My local Ag office was very helpful.

If I were to sell around here, it would be around $2.50/dz or less. Most likely I would just donate extra to the local food pantry if I actually had extra.

Ok thank you. Yes we have very easy rules and a couple of my friends sell eggs. The people in my county are very supportive of 4h so my extension agent said to try selling them for 3.50

Back
Top Bottom