Eggs: Found these

Nov 7, 2021
Lyric's World
Just now while out checking on their water.

Attachments

• 20230205_154442.jpg
    20230205_154442.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 4
You have a blue! I was hoping for a blue, but I got reddish brown from my Easter egger.
Just picked up a dark brown one. Lemme get a pic of it. I'd been waiting for one like this and darker because we purchased some assorted Marans. I wonder if this dark brown is from a Marans or EE - maybe our BO (shoulder shrug).

Just now while out checking on their water.
Wanting to show how brown this egg is. My cell phone cam is doing it no justice. Trying to show by comparing to some in their holder.

I think that is six for today, then.

Attachments

• 20230205_181541.jpg
    20230205_181541.jpg
    387.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230205_181603.jpg
    20230205_181603.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Found seven eggs just now. Clearly new pullets are laying and on schedule.

Now most eggs are NOT in nests but on coop floor. How do I fix that? We have four nests set up for them. The first chicken that laid used them. :idunno

Attachments

• 20230206_143710.jpg
    20230206_143710.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 4
Found seven eggs just now. Clearly new pullets are laying and on schedule.

Now most eggs are NOT in nests but on coop floor. How do I fix that? We have four nests set up for them. The first chicken that laid used them. :idunno
Sometimes it take a few times for them to realize what those feelings are in their bodies and that they should race over to the nest box. I put fake eggs in the nest boxes, and they love that - it makes them feel all maternal and lay in the nest boxes. you can also use golf balls. It's hilarious watching them tuck the fake eggs under their breasts with their beaks so they will stay warm. When I collect the eggs from right under the chicken, I make sure to put the fake eggs back under them once I collect the rest.

I am giggling, cause someone else is posting this very question, and she followed my advice, and they moved over! She calls them exhibitionist! Makes me giggle.

I cleaned the coop, and put down fresh bedding, and sure enough, one created a nest on the floor in the corner. I dropped a bucket there, and yesterday, she laid in the opposite corner. I will leave that nest for a while... I know where it is, should not be stepped on or eggs broke. Then after a while, a week or so, I will put a bucket there too, and hopefully, she will 'discover' the nests!

Remove any nesting material where they are nesting. Sweep bare the floor, or put something in the nest like a bucket...or just wait.

Mrs K

Back
Top Bottom