Eggs from Ireland?

Oh then you can enjoy the pubs to the fullest. I don't drink a lot but a great guinness and some of the finest Celtic music you can imagine in one of the most upbeat jovial envionments imaginable.

@ spoggy... thanks, I will check it out today!

@ greathorse... looking forward to it!

My Irish BYC contact gave me 2 Irish chicken/egg web sights to take a look at! It's a rainy day here, so looks like I'll be spending the day on the computer (and doing laundry).

Things are looking good to do this... if only I can get my paperwork in a row!
fl.gif

Any suggestions as to what I sould bring back?
idunno.gif
Don't know a lot about pure-breed chickens. I do like bantams, clean legs and latelly have been looking at some blues... but open to suggestions...

There was someone on line not too long ago (maybe a week) with info about importing eggs from iceland. Saving the icelandic chickens. It was interesting but sounded like it cost thousands. Yes i'm addicted and read way too much on here.

Not sure if you are a drinker or not - but Paddy's irish wiskey is not imported into the united states. You can't get it here. Don't care where you look.

But flying internationally you can buy 2 bottles in the duty free store at the airport on your way home. Then you can share a little ireland with your friends that they will never be able to find elsewhere.

It's really good too - & much cheaper than some of the bigger brands.

Quote:
LOL
gig.gif
... I've already had requests from friends along these lines... I'll put Paddy's on the list... our name is Bell so my husband wants to visit the Bell's Whiskey factory... BUT I was talking about what kind of CHICKEN EGGS I should try to bring back to hatch
jumpy.gif
!

@cheri222... well if it's going to cost me thousands (even hundreds) I probably won't do it.
tongue.png

OMg midget_farms... just noticed you're in DUNLAP!

Last edited:
Heh heh, so many folks in Peoria County....brings the fondest memories of my farm out in Brimfield on Claybaugh Rd, remember that one, Maddie???? Not too far from Elmwood and so is my friend Laura Thompson on the Brimfield-Oak Hill Rd.

(sigh) What memories!

I was in Scottland this past September. It is not easy to drive on the wrong side of the road. also just crossing the street is hard cause you are use to look left for on coming traffic then you you step off the curb to cross but traffic is coming the from the right(On your side of the road) I almost got hit allot of times. If I could I would take a bus or a train. It made for a more relaxed trip. If you are going to go through the trouble of bringing eggs back I would atleast bring a dozen not 2. Oh and I have to ask, Are the eggs green?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom