Eggs hatched- now what

yes the 99.5 temp was during incubation,

I have a Little Giant Still Air Incubator.

The 3 chicks that I hatched today are still hanging on.

Now I just have 12 more that should be hatching this weekend.

What should the temp and humidty be for those 12 to hatch on there own?

Did you have a water wiggler? Is that how you are measuring temps at 99.5? In a still air the temperature should be measured at the top of the eggs and be maintained at 101 - 102. The humidity should be between 30 - 50% for day 1 - 18. On day 18 boost the humidity to 70% until hatch.

All of that is easily said but better learned if you will get some books on hatching and read about the development of the egg to chicks so you can get a grasp on the entire process.

I have run into people who have hatched for years but never could understand the yolk of an egg was NOT a chick nor that the chalaize was not rooster sperm. Go figure. LOL

Don't give up.

no we dont have a water wiggler, actually I've never heard of that.

We have the temperture gauge that came with the incubator and we also have a dgital temp and humidty gauge.

This was a homeschool prodject gone over board.
We have learned a lot, but I'm thinking we will not do this again.

Quote:
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Rooster sperm hahahhahahah i havnt herad that one before miss P you just made me pee a little i was laughing so hard. thanks i really needed that lol

Glad I could make you all laugh.

Please don't give up. Give it another try at a later time. When you get everything working together right those chicks come out of the eggs like popcorn. Pop. Pop. Pop.

Want some of those brown rooster eggs to hatch?
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom