Eggs have disappeared! Help!

My hens are really good about not eating their eggs-They will eat a broken egg- But seem to know: NEVER pick at one. Yea!
big_smile.png

Hope I never have to deal with egg eaters, I'm trying to raise show chickens and that would be hurting my small amount of profits I might make! I use the live trap/.22 combo seems to work for me one by pens one by feed shed.

(the pot is generally WHERE ours have gotten rehomed to..I just didn't want to say it for fear of getting an earful from the "don't eat chickens, they are pets!" crowd) LOL

I know what ya mean! But I suspect they eat chicken from the store and KFC. Same thing with the snakes, drive way out your way to save a snake who gonna get eaten by a hawk or wild pig, but rain lead upon the raccoon or possum I have no prejudice when it comes to predators no matter the kind

(the pot is generally WHERE ours have gotten rehomed to..I just  didn't want to say it for fear of getting an earful from the "don't eat chickens, they are pets!" crowd)  LOL

Most of us ignore the 'chickens are pets' crowd.......

I respect all those folks that keep chickens as pets.

My chickens have the best life I can give them. I wish I could free range them, but roaming dogs make that impossible. However, when they no longer lay eggs they go to chicken heaven.

i have a masters in agriculture and got my first chickens years ago after visiting a commercial layery and growing unit....disgusting! I invite those people to visit one beofre making criticisms about processing your own birds...lol..i bet their attitude changes

Back
Top Bottom