Eggs have large chunks out of shell dried feathers

madelynbelle

Songster
10 Years
Mar 24, 2009
PUGET SOUND
I incubated 24 eggs. I am on Day 22 of my Marans. yesterday morning they pipped and I had 7 out by midnight. 2 of the others have quarter sized chunks missing and dried feathers protruding out of shell. Can still see movement but they are not progressing. Should I try to peel some of the shell off of them. The rest of the eggs have pipps but have not gone any further yet. Humidity is in the 60's and I am hatching them out of a Brinsea oco. Should I try to up the humidity more or worry that the pips are not progressing either. I was so excited to see them all pip, now I am worried that 7 is all that will hatch out on their own.
barnie.gif

A big Thank you Danny!!!! She was out in 5 minutes and now she is rolling around the other two that are wanting out too. I don't know why I did not think to directly spray them, I have been misting the air but that definately did the trick. Reminds me of when I slept in too late on Sat and my Dad used to pour cold water on me. Gets you moving whether your ready or not.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom