Eggs in Incubator..count down to May 21!!

90033_jenns_pics_006.jpg

Here is a picture of my hatch last night. I have more now. more pics to follow.So far we have 15 RIR and 2 d'uccles hatched.

i went to bed so earlie last night hoping to get up to some pips woke up and nothing so i candled they are still moving i was careful not to move the egg to much but when i candled day 18 the eggs looked so full but his morning there is more room in there is this normal and some movement

Had five w/bw Ameraucanas hatch from an original 12 eggs under my broody. She's still got one egg under her but I doubt it will hatch.

I think I'm done hatching for the year.

iv decided the reason there not hatching is because they think the 60 watt bulb im using is to bright
haha i woke up this morning at 6 am only to have the 75watt bulb go pop just as well i was awake or they would have got cold and luckily the new incubator has been on test runs so i had two 60 watt in that lol lucks on my side this time

can i paint the bulb or will the smell affect the eggs? not the paint smell coz i wouldnt put wet paint in there lol but the smell of the paint getting hot

my 4yr old daughter keeps saying there not hatching because they are happy watching tv in there houses
lau.gif
she is funny

Last edited:
nice to know it not just me i candled mine they seem fine in there to comfy maybe im having temp problems at the min stagering between 99/100 i thought maybe it because the bulb was on its way out but its still the same with the new bulb fingers crossed very tight lol

here is my cute little fuzzy butts i still have few in the incubator trying to hatch had to take them out because they were really blaying soccer with the other eggs

60848_100_7611.jpg

60848_100_7613.jpg

60848_100_7614.jpg

60848_100_7615.jpg

60848_100_7616.jpg

in this picture there are actually you have to look close to see the 8th one hiding under the others and sleeping

60848_100_7621.jpg

Back
Top Bottom