Eggs in Incubator..count down to May 21!!

chicksntexas

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 30, 2011
Magnolia, TX
7 eggs in yesterday! 3BOs & 4LBs... First time hatcher...hhmmm do you think it helps to watch the eggs?? lol
pop.gif

hi i have just put 10 eggs in the incubator . i have already got 10 in there but not sure if fertile so that is 20 due to hatch between 18 and 24 this month im always looking through the incubator window like im expecting to see something happen silly really but if you like we can be hatching buddies. let each other know how were doing and so on:) ?

I am setting an undecided amount of eggs tomorrow, can I join?! How many do you think is enough for a styrofoam incubator?
hu.gif

Couldn't get the temps controlled!! ugh...still havent set.

Last edited:
Hi,
I set 18 bearded silkies and 14 black jersey
giant eggs on Saturday evening. I'm
REALLY wanting these thicks, since they
both come from top breeders. Therefore,
murphy's law will probably kick in at every stage
of the incubation and hatching process. LOL!
Diane

OK, this will be my second attempt at incubating eggs. 1st time out was a disaster, but I feel like I learned from it. Set 30 Black Aus and 13 Games today. I have them in egg cartons with the tops removed and the bottoms cut out of the "cradle" so it will circulate somewhat Plan on putting a short piece of half-inch pipe inder the center of the cartons and tipping the whole carton from side to side each day instead of turning them individually. Also, bought a hygrometer and digital thermostat. Much better than the old thermostat. Time will tell, however!
woot.gif

How cool! I am going to be starting my onw first hatch later this week -- Black Copper Marans, Buff and Balck Orps. I am reading Bob Sheasley's delightful book "Home to Roost", on the history of chickens and his own small fam in Pennsylvania. He was just mentioning how hens "talk" to their chicks while they are hatching and that studies had shown that chicks who heard their mums clucking to them were more confident as hatchlings and as they grew. so I was planning to cluck at my eggs. Is this a common thing to do?
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom