Eggs in Incubator..count down to May 21!!

Day 2 1/2 ... bator is set in a little room off the master..has a door that opens to the den and one to the bedroom (kind of a mini office) safe arnd secure from dogs and people... little giant w/turner & fan... I ran it for a couple of days before the eggs arrived..got the temp & humidity perfect! 99.5/40% Checked throughout the day and so far, so good... One last check before bedtime and noticed the temp has getting hotter...about 101... ok, so I had both doors closed and with the bator running and the outside temps hovering around 95, which means the a/c is in overdrive, the little room warmed up more than I wanted. So, I opened the bedroom door and let some cool air in...bator temp back to normal! whew!
clap.gif

Then...at 3 am I hear an awful noise coming from the bator!! what the heck is that noise??? It was the thermometer! It keeps sliding around! It slid off the eggs (I only have 7 in there) and the top part of the plastic got caught in the fan!! Good thing I am a light sleeper! Imagine the fan would've burned up! So now the thermo is set next to the eggs....
hu.gif

Quote:
I took an 18 pack egg carton and two 1 dozen cartons and removed the top, then cut the bottoms out of each 'cradle' so the air would circulate somewhat. I actually have one extra egg laying loose as well, but to turn them, I can prop one side of one of the cartons on the inside lip of incubator, then prop the others against it. To turn them, I simply prop them on the opposite side of the 'bator. I'm not 100% certain it will work, but it's a lot easier and quicker than turning each one by hand, as I did the 1st time I tried. By my estimation, The eggs will be turned from approximately the 10 oclock position to the 2 oclock position(and back). Does that seem reasonable enough to everyone else?

Quote:
I took an 18 pack egg carton and two 1 dozen cartons and removed the top, then cut the bottoms out of each 'cradle' so the air would circulate somewhat. I actually have one extra egg laying loose as well, but to turn them, I can prop one side of one of the cartons on the inside lip of incubator, then prop the others against it. To turn them, I simply prop them on the opposite side of the 'bator. I'm not 100% certain it will work, but it's a lot easier and quicker than turning each one by hand, as I did the 1st time I tried. By my estimation, The eggs will be turned from approximately the 10 oclock position to the 2 oclock position(and back). Does that seem reasonable enough to everyone else?

Do u have any pictures of your incubator?

It's a Hovabator. It's just wide enough to sit an 18 count and two 12 count cartons side-by-side front to back, with room for the hyrometer on one side. There's some room left for a small tray of water if I need to boost the humidity later. I can't find the camera at the present moment, but will post a pic when I do locate it.

DH comes in the room...I'm standing there looking in the incubator. DH - 'what are you doing?' me 'watching the eggs' DH shakes head and walks away. lol!!!
lau.gif
sad, huh

Does everyone candle on day 7 or sooner?

Back
Top Bottom