Eggs in Lockdown! Hatching Blog

*Looks at the time*

Unfortunately, it was nod peeping from any of the eggs. Still no internal pip. I think it was just the weird acoustics in here reflecting back one of the chickens (which really need to go back outside, especially the rooster!).
My fingers are crossed for you
Yes incubating is stressful but so rewarding at the same time
Are you seeing shadowing along the air cell yet like they are close to internal pips ? Also make sure to check the eggs for any bruising as babies can be in the wrong position and try to pip outside the air cell
Lower temp even by a little can delay the hatch
I have had mine hatch days 25-30
Cool and warm spots in the bator as well

My fingers are crossed for you
Yes incubating is stressful but so rewarding at the same time
Are you seeing shadowing along the air cell yet like they are close to internal pips ? Also make sure to check the eggs for any bruising as babies can be in the wrong position and try to pip outside the air cell
Lower temp even by a little can delay the hatch
I have had mine hatch days 25-30
Cool and warm spots in the bator as well
Yeah, this stupid thing has a weird heater. I'm using a secondary thermometer/hydrometer, but there have been times still that temps fluctuated and may have caused some delays. Babies were all moving last night (a few hours ago, that is) and thankfully the power flicker we had didn't affect the heater this time.

Air cell has expanded downwards. Saw one frantically moving about yesterday that looked like it was trying to pip, but nothing yet. So long as the ducklings are moving, I'm happy. It's still just day 28/29 right now, so no need to panic yet (he says as he constantly checks on them from the outside).

Yeah, this stupid thing has a weird heater. I'm using a secondary thermometer/hydrometer, but there have been times still that temps fluctuated and may have caused some delays. Babies were all moving last night (a few hours ago, that is) and thankfully the power flicker we had didn't affect the heater this time.

Air cell has expanded downwards. Saw one frantically moving about yesterday that looked like it was trying to pip, but nothing yet. So long as the ducklings are moving, I'm happy. It's still just day 28/29 right now, so no need to panic yet (he says as he constantly checks on them from the outside).
Usually after the draw down it’s not to long till you see a pip
Maybe a day or so
Some ticking motion
You may place the eggs one way and come back and they have moved
I thought I was going crazy
No just an very active duckling getting into position to hatch

I made the mistake, when my Muscovy were sitting, to count my eggs before they hatched. So right now, I'm just sitting with my fingers and toes crossed (and getting lots of toe cramps) and just hoping.

I'm in no rush. Really. I keep repeating this to myself. No rush, babies, take the time you need to come out healthy.

I'll start freaking out tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom