athomas718

Songster
7 Years
Apr 21, 2016
Smithfield, VA
Hey guys,
My daughter is hatching her second batch of eggs and we have the incubator in lockdown now. We have 12 eggs, and so far 8 of them have started wiggling. One has pipped externally. We are super excited for our second batch of backyard mutt chicks. So I just wanted to start a conversation of what the chicks could potentially look like AND what the eggs would potentially look like of any hens that might hatch from this pairing. I think I'm pretty sure the brown/cream eggs will come out with more brown or cream eggs from those hens. The blue and green ones I am more interested in. Would the cream color the Rooster carries make the blue eggs, green and the green eggs more mossy or olive colored?

We have a Slash Australorp Rooster (he's almost 1 yr old - March). He's also on his way out. We are hoping to buy some new breed eggs to hatch soon and get a rooster from that batch to let this guy go.
IMG_8988.jpeg

The eggs we have under the incubator are:
2 blue
2 pale green/blue
2 Olive Eggers
2 Dark Brown
2 speckled med brown
2 light brown

The breeds we have of hens are:
"Steele Eggers"
Barnvelders
Wheaten Marans
Lavender Orpingtons
Cream Legbar
Prairie Bluebell Egger
Sapphire Jewel
1 singular Splash Australorp hen

I'm so excited!
Thanks guys for sharing in my excitement. If you have any pics of Mutt chicks with any part of these combinations feel free to share them!! I will be sharing pictures of the chicks when they hatch and what the potential pairings were from what the egg was. Thanks! :D

Back
Top Bottom