Eggs in mail for a week

cindydj

Songster
13 Years
Jan 16, 2007
My silkie eggs I finally got, were in the mail for 6 days....do you think I will have any luck? I let them rest then got them in the bator lastnight.....who knows when and if they will hatch with all the traveling. These are some quality eggs and I just hope I can get a few chicks out of them....

All you can do is try. Stranger things have happened in the hatching world. If they were packed well, maybe some will hatch anyway. They are a little older than we'd like to see by now, but I've heard of people hatching eggs stored longer than normal times, so who knows? Good luck!

Don't give up completely.....my last hatch had some eggs that were in the mail 6-7 days and I got 2 chicks out of them. Not good, but better than nothing!
smile.png

I would try too....I've heard of lots of hatches later than 6 days mailing time...acouple even would be a good hatch for that late a date...

I have had eggs in the mail for over 10 days and still had a 75% hatch. Eggs that came in two days and a 10% hatch. Both came from the same breeder. 10 days is ok if the eggs where fresh when sent and not abused in shipping.

Back
Top Bottom