eggs in the fridge, then out, then in?

Tman2

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 11, 2009
Corcoran, MN
I'm not sure if this is the right spot for this, but it's about eggs, so.......

When we get our eggs, we put them into the fridge. We brought some to a friend who forgot to pick them up, and we brought them back home. They've been out of the fridge 24 hours. My wife thinks they're bad now. I say eggs don't need to be in the fridge, so it doesn't matter they were in, then out, now back in.

What say you?

They're fine. I don't even put mine in the fridge. Well, I do if we don't use them in a week or so, but what you described is just fine. I'd worry if they'd been in a hot car during a heat wave, but it's not that time of year.
wink.png

they will be just fine. You could have them outside the fridge at room temp for probably a month or so and they'd be ok. I've read where they can last 6 mos while in the fridge, a day or two, outside the fridge isn't going to hurt them.

A couple more confirmations and it looks like I'll be hearing the sweet sound of my wife saying, "I was wrong....."

Quote:
No, ain't gonna happen.

It is an inbuilt inhibition, similar to your inhibition to ask for directions when lost (You do know about that one don't you?).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom