Eggs in the office rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have had a problem with the feather, too. Just because something LOOKS clean does not mean it is, and I've certainly seen enough feathers that have fallen out on the ground and mixed into the dirt and manure and goodness knows what else. Making a point about "I like it so it is RIGHT" will not gain you supporters, and will certainly continue to stir the pot.

The very vast majority of people I encounter have absolutely no problem with me raising chickens, using the eggs; indeed, many ask f I sell eggs, which I do not; I will occasionally give eggs to friends if I have extras available. I am often asked questions that many people who have no experience with raising chickens ask, and I answer politely, and usually go into a bit more than they ask if the time and conversation leads that way.

Too much fuss over nothing.

The squeamish will go hungry if SHTF or get over it. The OP may lose a few potential customers she is better off without, so its a win win for everyone if the feather stays. The co- worker had no business messing with the OP's eggs; they weren't her property and it wasn't her decision to make. If shes that easily grossed out, she is in for a rough ride.

Really though, if green eggs, a bit of a feather, even a little actual poop ( there is such a thing as soap and water) puts you off your food, you may need to work on that. There may well come a time, when you will be competing for food against those who eat first and throw up later.

Hey Eggbuster,

Thank you for being the voice of reason. I agree with every point you made. To answer everybody’s curiosity, I asked the lady if she would have bought the eggs without the feather and she said no, eggs are gross. I don’t think a feather off a chicken is any grosser than some of the stuff we are exposed to daily, like touching door handles, people leaving their dogs poop all over the park, hypodermic needs on park benches where kids play nearby or women’s bathrooms. Now there is something that is really gross. To me it is just a feather, a sign of natures beauty. Some people get it and some don’t.

I will now have this thread closed to avoid any further going back and forth about a feather. Thank you all for your opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom